If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Nothin's Better than Free

As a musician, I find it nearly impossible to turn down the offer of a free instrument. I have a whole drum set in my basement to prove it (and that was acquired by reverend Dad, not me).

My former boss told me that she is remodeling her house and no longer wants/needs the piano that her kids learned to play on. Neither she nor her husband plays, and it's just taking up space. I don't think they've tuned it in a few years, but I'm hoping that I can get that back on track without too much damage. She has offered to GIVE it to me for FREE.

The real issue is moving a piano is no joke. Reverend Dad (who used to own a furniture store and knows how to move large objects) and I went over to her place to take some measurements. It appears that this little upright (spinet?) piano WILL fit in my van. And someone just asked me today if I REALLY need a van. It turns out that I need my van almost every week!

I have a few friends secured to help in the moving project (Operation Phaedra Piano) but I'm still hoping to find one more. I need to make some calls.

There's a deadline too. I NEED to move it this Saturday or Sunday, as the new floors go into the remodel-house next week (and it HAS to be out before that happens).

4 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supposedly my Aunt has a piano which she would sell me (and I hear it's a nice one). I have no space for a piano! I would love one, though.

I definitely wouldn't turn that down.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you move to Madison, and work at Tomotherapy, and buy a house, then you can totally get that rockin' piano!

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) here's to dreamin'

one of these days we'll be back... though whether it's months or years, who knows...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

Thanks to EVERYONE who made the piano moving such a breeze today!

You ALL rock, and am grateful to have such helpful friends. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home