If you didn't know it before now, it's news

Thursday, May 04, 2006

More Free (or almost free) Goods

I need to break this post into a couple of sections. There's just so much to say before 9:00 AM today!!!!


Free food (and how I justcan't resist it!).
I'm too much of a bargain shopper. Free food is like a sale, or a deal that I can't pass up!

They "appreciated" us at work yesterday by giving us ice cream. You have to love that, we're the Department of Health and they give us ice cream as a thank-you. As a matter of fact there was a group of us, the second-bowl club. The big-boss (my boss' boss' boss' boss) actually PUT the second bowl in my hands. Uhhhh, peer pressure! Hard to say no to.

The socializing part of the Employee Appreciation Ice Cream Social was weird. The big-boss and his boss (the even bigger boss) were both hanging out by me so I ended up being photographed quite a bit (I'm sure it will end up on our intranet).

And everyone was telling strange food stories. It's kind of like watching kids group off into cliques in high school, except the average age at this thing was probably 45. Although some of the stories made people sound more like they were 14 (there was talk about foods containing cow testicles and penises). But overall an excellent break from work in the afternoon, so I won't complain.

TODAY we're being appreciated with pizza. How am I EVER going to lose weight? There were cream cheese-rhubarb treats this morning too. Work is a death trap when it comes to the high calorie non-healthy free food!

Garage sale derailment
I was a little late for car-pooling this morning because I passed a HUGE garage sale on my way and couldn't help but see folding chair upon folding chair (which I just might need for a bridal shower at my house next month).

I got these two awesome padded upholstered deco looking chairs with wooden backs, and then six of the standard issue metal folding chairs. All this for $25!!!! I may go back for more of those metal guys if they have them later.

Guitar Hero (for PS2)
On my hot date last night (I actually went back to his place!) we played Guitar Hero for Play-Station 2. It was so freaking cool! It comes with a little plastic guitar and you finger the chords and strum where the strings would be. The songs I performed were "I love Rock and Roll" Joan Jet, and "I Wanna Be Sedated" the Ramones. I played the easy level, but still for a first timer I was pretty good. At least that's what he said (insert cymbal noise here).

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone I know was just telling me about Guitar Hero. It sounds like a game you should be good at. It sounds like your date went well! Yay!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Phaedra said...

I swear that I'm *this close* to running out and buying it.

Maybe a better use of my time would be practicing my OWN bass instead!

But damn, that game was rockin' good fun!

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing beats Karaoke Revolution Party on xbox. Hands down my favorite.

No one shops like my Shan! ;-)

I know what you mean about food at work. When I was at Lands' End, there was always someone bringing something in, a potluck for someone or an appreciation day...add in sitting all day....yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home